She Grabbed Hot Speaker Wires…and Could Not Fathom What Would Happen Next
Dear Doctor Fullerton: Can you be electrocuted by holding speaker wires in your hands? My sister would not hold the wires so I can’t find out. — Shocked
Dear Shocked: You cannot be electrocuted, but you can get a good shock. Speaker wires have a decent current, especially from older stereo components. When I was a boy, I regularly powered myself up using speaker wire current. I held the wires in each hand and let the power flow though my body and strengthen me. I tried to share this power with my sister, but she screamed and cried that I tried to electrocute her. It was not possible, but she claimed that she could not even let go of the wires. Now my sister is a sick withered creature. Here hands barely function. Her look reminds me of a petrified mouse husk. Conversely I am as strong as a peruvian ox hound.
Photo by Nikita Kashner